Re: collab-qa: udd/sql/debvercmp.sql (Was: UDD and DEHS)

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

The plan is to switch to Roger Leigh's work in UDD as well, but someone
needs to do the work, and unfortunately, i'm very busy currently. See
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/rleigh/sbuild.git;a=tree;f=db;hb=81fd39259953853632a7d0e2198cfc745d270fe3
for his code.

Did somebody just asked Roger whether he might volunteer?

Feel free to commit ; it can't break anything if it's not executed on
udd.debian.org.

OK, just commited what seems to look close to finished.  I just had a
discussion with Grisu who considers to add a version field to the DDTP
translation files which makes things much more simple for the gatherer
because the package version has to be used as part of the key for a
description translation.  Once this is done the DDTP gatherer could be
tested on the real UDD.

The status of ftpnew gatherer is lagging behind a bit.  I submitted a
patch to DAK to produce RFC 822 files in addition to html pages.  I'm
waiting currently for comments.  In parallel I wrote a parser for the
quite structured HTML which is working reasonably as well but I did some
rewriting / simplification of my code.  It might last 2-3 weeks until
something will be submitted.

To go further into this direction I have picked up Lucas' idea about
adding information about Blends to UDD as well.  When I talked with
Lucas at DebConf 8 about this topic I was hesitant because I was unsure
about the "universal" character of this kind of information.  But
considering the problem from a Blend related point of view it has
some real power and I would like to hear your opinion about this. Here
is a raw proposal about the structure:

-- Blends
CREATE TABLE blends (
       blend        text,    -- 'debian-med', 'debian-edu', ...
       distribution text,   -- == 'debian'
       release      text,   -- ('stable', 'testing', 'sid', 'vcs'
       version      text,
       tasks        text,
       homepage     text,   -- general homepage for instance on www.debian.org, wiki, etc.
       projectname  text,   -- 'Debian Med', 'Debian Edu', ...
       projecturl   text,   -- technical web site on alioth
       projectlist  text,   -- mailing list of project
       pkglist      text,   -- mailing list for packaging issues
    PRIMARY KEY (blend, distribution, release, version)
);

CREATE TABLE tasks (
       blend            text,
       task             text,
       version          text,
       metapackage      text,
       description      text,
       long_description text,
    PRIMARY KEY (blend, task, version)
);

CREATE TABLE taskdependencies (
       blend            text,
       task             text,
       pkg              text,
       dependency       text, -- 'Depends', 'Recommends', 'Suggests', 'Conflicts', ...
       metadepends      boolean DEFAULT 'f', -- true if depends from other metapackage
    PRIMARY KEY (blend, )
);

For sure I'd volunteer to write a gatherer.  I would see several applications
for use of this information - but what do you think whether it is apropriate
for UDD or not?

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--