Re: collab-qa: udd/sql/debvercmp.sql (Was: UDD and DEHS)

Hi, and sorry for the delay.

On 25/02/09 at 17:03 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
>> Regarding the version number I found
>>
>>   http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/collab-qa/udd/sql/debvercmp.sql?view=markup
>>
>> which contains a function which implements `dpkg --compare-versions` in SQL
>> which would be really handy for my task.  Unfortunately this function seems
>> not to exist in the live database:
>
> I did some deeper investigation into this topic and detected
>
>    http://www.nabble.com/Custom-type,-operators-and-operator-class-not-sorting-indexing-correctly-td21574579.html
>
> which discusses an even more advanced method to order result sets according
> to Debian versions.  Could some kind soul enlighten me whether (and how) I
> can sort in UDD according to versions (and if this is not possible what to
> do best).

The plan is to switch to Roger Leigh's work in UDD as well, but someone
needs to do the work, and unfortunately, i'm very busy currently. See
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/rleigh/sbuild.git;a=tree;f=db;hb=81fd39259953853632a7d0e2198cfc745d270fe3
for his code.

> BTW, I've got some preliminary code for the DDTP and ftpnew gatherers.
> Should I commit this to SVN in the (not fully working state) now or
> should I finish my work first and commit then?

Feel free to commit ; it can't break anything if it's not executed on
udd.debian.org.