Re: collab-qa: udd/sql/debvercmp.sql (Was: UDD and DEHS)

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Andreas Tille wrote:

Regarding the version number I found

  http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/collab-qa/udd/sql/debvercmp.sql?view=markup

which contains a function which implements `dpkg --compare-versions` in SQL
which would be really handy for my task.  Unfortunately this function seems
not to exist in the live database:

I did some deeper investigation into this topic and detected

   http://www.nabble.com/Custom-type,-operators-and-operator-class-not-sorting-indexing-correctly-td21574579.html

which discusses an even more advanced method to order result sets according
to Debian versions.  Could some kind soul enlighten me whether (and how) I
can sort in UDD according to versions (and if this is not possible what to
do best).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--