Re: Removing orphaned packages from testing

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
> On 17/02/09 at 20:46 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> If we're talking about a group of people taking collective
>> responsibility for keeping orphaned packages kicking along, I guess I'm
>> not sure how that differs from what we already have right now.
>> (Although using a shared source control system for orphaned packages
>> while they're in the care of the QA group seems like a good idea.)

> On the other hand, putting orphaned packages in a shared VCS increases
> the barrier to helping with orphaned packages. The current solution is
> to use the archive as VCS, by uploading new versions of the packages as
> soon as changes are made.

This is probably one of those YMMV things -- I'm a lot more likely to
start working on something that I can check out from a VCS.  When I was
doing QA uploads, I always imported the package into my own VCS first.

But since I don't have time at present to do much in the way of QA
uploads, don't design the system for me.  :)