Removing orphaned packages from testing

Hi all,

Lenny is now out, so I think it is time to decide how to proceed with what
was discussed during DC8. Is the release team still ok with the idea of
keeping orphaned packages out of testing? how should it be done? via
severity: serious bugs and, possibly automated, auto removal hints? some
other way?

In any case, I think waiting a week since a package was orphaned before it
is removed should be enough time in case a package is marked as orphaned
by "mistake".

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net