Re: [floppy installs] would someone consider upgrading the floppy images ?

Hello,

I'm coming back on this matter, as I found a few floppy images available
at SID.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:52:04 +0100
Joyce Markoll <j.markoll@free.fr> wrote:

> As there was no choice I went to fetch 5 images at floppy images
> section.

> http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-i386/current/images/floppy/

> The install went ok. (after I realised I should not go to and fro to
> much, and let the installer ask for a question during too much of a
> lasting time).

> My demand is a wish that the floppy image base be upgraded, and
> additionnally, that some floppy web page links would point to the exact
> CD iso image that can fit with the kernel/initrd/drivers version in the
> floppy images, because at this point also I didn't know where to get the
> right version for this 2.6.18-etch3, and I put a former CD 1 Etch that I
> have, in the tray.

(About what I says just above, it was necessary for the floppy installer
to continue installing, even without using the content of the CD)

I found theses images, that are of March Ist 2008:
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-i386/20080227/images/floppy/

It was difficult to find out, because there are so many folders under
each entry.

I know that floppy installs are not so usual nowadays, but as here and
there on forums I meet with people who are looking for such a possibility,
it would be nice to make the information more easily available.

Is there anyone on this list who might have the key to a solution to
realize that ?