Re: Tracking transitional packages migration request

* Sandro Tosi [Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:34:37 +0100]:

Hm. Two comments:

> if all bugs for a given package are closed (after a little manual
> check, e.g. no rdepends are left for sure) we can ask for transitional
> package removal.

Don't we usually let transitional packages exist in one stable release
(and dropped in the next)?

Second, since you have to do the manual checking afterwards anyway, I
fail to see the point of the script. Why is it not enough:

  % grep-dctrl -FDepends python-pyopenssl -c >/dev/null &&
    echo "We're not there yet." ||
    echo 'Done!'

If you want the list of bugs that are not fixed, you could do:

  % grep-dctrl ... -ns package | fgrep -f - bugs.txt

Just my 2¢,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

When all is summed up, a man never speaks of himself without loss; his
accusations of himself are always believed; his praises never.
                -- Michel de Montaigne