Re: suite tags (Re: Doing some stable QA work)

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 05:48:56PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> Don Armstrong wrote:
> >This means that a bug that would normally be buggy in etch and lenny
> >(but fixed in sid) due to the versions present of that package would
> >only be present in lenny if tagged lenny and tagged sid.
>
> Does this also mean that the bug would not be present anywere when the
> intersection would be empty (tagged lenny with a version higher than the
> one in testing for instance)? We should probably look at all the
> possibilities and think about good defaults for them?

Note that for most bugs I will tag they will indeed be not present
anymore in any suite afterwards, since they usually are only present
in etch according to the version information, but will be tagged lenny, sid.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/