Re: suite tags (Re: Doing some stable QA work)

Le August 14, 2008 11:08:10 pm Steve Langasek, vous avez écrit :
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:01:46PM -0400, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> > Tagging lenny and sid does not imply that other suites are free from the
> > bug,
>
> Yes, it does.
Why would it?

> > so this unfortunately wouldn't help the graph. Moreover, "suite x"
> > doesn't mean anymore that the bug is found in suite x, but "This bug
> > should not be archived until it is fixed in suite x."
>
> Not unless there's been a regression since the last time I talked to Don
> about this.
For current suites, the meaning was changed (see
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#tags ). Assuming that the tags whose
meaning changed were cleared when the change happened, this isn't a
regression, except that people who missed the announcement may of course use
the tag in error.