Re: Layout of the Ultimate Debian Database, and the quest for example queries

"Sandro Tosi" <matrixhasu@gmail.com> writes:
>> The GSOC is slowly coming to its end, and all the sources, which we definitely
>> wanted to import are imported. If you want to have a look at the layout of the
>> database (which possibly will be changed), go to [1] and have a look.
>> Furthermore, you can see when and how often our data is updated.
> For what I can see, UDD scope is now to be a sort of "Debian
> Datawarehouse" (where data is stored to be analyzed/queried): is there
> any plans (if this is desired) to let it become the primary source of
> information for the Debian project? Once we have it, can't we simply
> write info on it, instead to use a custom repository for each debian
> tool, to be sync'ed once in a while?

Well, that's an idea we already had while doing this, but it's not an
option while the UDD is still developed on a private box. I have been
talking to Peter Palfrader to get in on a debian host (merkel, most
probably) in the long run, but this is not an option while the basic
parts are still a moving target. When it has been moved to a Debian
host, we can start talking about migrating services to using it
directly.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
122: Updateritis