Re: Layout of the Ultimate Debian Database, and the quest for example queries

Hi Christian,
first of all, I'd like to congrats for what you archived so far!

> The GSOC is slowly coming to its end, and all the sources, which we definitely
> wanted to import are imported. If you want to have a look at the layout of the
> database (which possibly will be changed), go to [1] and have a look.
> Furthermore, you can see when and how often our data is updated.

For what I can see, UDD scope is now to be a sort of "Debian
Datawarehouse" (where data is stored to be analyzed/queried): is there
any plans (if this is desired) to let it become the primary source of
information for the Debian project? Once we have it, can't we simply
write info on it, instead to use a custom repository for each debian
tool, to be sync'ed once in a while?

> As I said before, we want to present some example queries. Now your
> imagination and creativity is needed. If you want to see the result of an SQL
> query, I'd be glad to add your query to our site This would be some kind of
> first test for my project.

Well, one example to leverage most of the information stored in UDD
might be to replicate "Unofficial RC-Bugs Count"[1]: what do you think
about?

Cheers,
Sandro

[1] http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php