Re: Grisbi doesn't have a maintainer anymore

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 10:06:33PM +0100, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > That would be excellent.  I see that you are currently in the NM queue.
> > If you like, I can let you take the lead and I can serve primarily to
> > review/sponsor your package uploads.  Did you want to setup an Alioth
> > project for Grisbi?  If not, I believe that there is a "generic" project
> > on svn.debian.org that we can use to keep our work in.  Personally, I
> > would prefer an Alioth project, though.
>
> If I take the lead, I would probably setup a git repository on Alioth
> (in collab-maint). If you see a necessity for an Alioth project, why
> not. The only benefits I can think of are the dedicated mailing-list,
> but they can be sort of simulated (without archival, though) with
> @packages.debian.org addresses.

Personally, I like the idea of a mailing list being listed in the
package's maintainer field for collaboratively maintained packages.
Also, I personally do not like or use git.  If you are OK with
subversion, then I'd much prefer that over anything else.  If not, I
would be open to discussing other options.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez