Re: Grisbi doesn't have a maintainer anymore

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 01:47:05PM +0100, Joyce Markoll wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:18:20 +0100
> Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net> wrote:
>
> > Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > > I personally use it every day (or nearly so), and so I would be willing
> > > to adopt it.
> >
> > Me too. I could help if needed.
> >

> > Cheers,
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm happy to know that two of you are willing to take care of it. I'm new
> at debian-qa list, so I will just ask a small question : and now how
> do things go and are organised ?
>
> (Is that it, or do some other people have to remove the package from the
> preceeding maintainer's name, talk about it, whatsoever ?)

Ordinarily, I think that the process starts by verifying whether the
maintainer is MIA.  Once that is done, the package can be orphaned and
then taken over by someone else.  However, since we now have people
interested in taking over, it may not be necessary to orphan it first,
as long as we try and contact the current maintainer and verify he is
MIA.

Regards,

-Roberto

--