Re: Report from Debconf's QA BOF

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 05:45:52PM +0200, Frank S. Thomas wrote:

> I think it would also be nice if wnpp-alert could sort packages by popcon
> score so that developers know which packages are "more worth" adopting.

Anyone interested in creating infrastructure to bring popcon data into
a system and bring it up to date, please keep me in the loop.  It is
something I've always intended to do (and there is place in
apt-xapian-index to index it, and code to make use of the information).

goplay can already use popcon information, but it requires users to
download it by hand, which is suboptimal.

Ideally, whatever would donwload popcon, could also be a general way to
regularly download other sorts of package information into the system,
and possibly to also acquire them from installed debian packages to have
the data available when installing a stable version from CD.

Ciao,

Enrico