suite tags (Re: Doing some stable QA work)

Le August 14, 2008 10:08:41 pm Steve Langasek, vous avez écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 01:41:26AM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> > I had the idea to go through the list of RC bugs currently
> > believed by the BTS to affect stable and do some cleanup
> > work:
> >
> >  * Fix version information
> >  * Mark by etch-ignore bus that are not affected in stable
> >    for reason independent from their version (e.g. GCC 4.3
> >    FTBFS)
> >  * Compile a list for the maintainers and the SRM for packages
> >    that could need a stable upload.
> >
> > Feel free to contact me if you would like to help or if you
> > spot any problems with my work.
>
> Well, "etch-ignore" implies that the bug has been given a pass by the
> release team for that release.  I think you rather want to tag the bug
> "lenny+sid" to indicate the bug is not present in etch.
>
> But I'm glad to see this done - it's a pity that my dear etch is being so
> maligned in the bug graphs ;)

Tagging lenny and sid does not imply that other suites are free from the bug,
so this unfortunately wouldn't help the graph. Moreover, "suite x" doesn't
mean anymore that the bug is found in suite x, but "This bug should not be
archived until it is fixed in suite x."