Re: Bug#483179: PTS: please link to Ubuntu Launchpad bugs page
On 28/05/08 at 16:58 +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Here I'd like to clarify I'd like to have a simple link in the PTS
> (and not in the DDPO), just to have a "cockpit" with all the links
> needed to work on a package, so along with Ubuntu Patch, the Ubuntu
> Bugs page.
Actually, what I would like (and what I volunteer to work on, provided
the information is available from Ubuntu):
- drop the "Patches" box. The number of patches in the BTS is already
in the "Todo" box anyway.
- add a "Derivatives" box. In this box, add an Ubuntu item, with its
content of the Ubuntu part by default.
+ In the Ubuntu box, display:
- the version of the package in the development version of Ubuntu
(some of my friends use Ubuntu, and if Ubuntu is going to ship a
broken version of my package, I'd rather know it)
- a link to the patches from Ubuntu, if any
- the bug count for this package in launchpad, and a link to the
bug list in launchpad
- add an Ubuntu column with basically the same information as above.
The column would be hidden by default.
The goal is not to provide more manpower to Ubuntu, nor to be
Ubuntu-friendly. The only goal is to improve Debian. When a valid bug
report is filed in Launchpad against one of the packages I maintain in
Debian, I'd like to know about it, so I can fix the bug in Debian, and
allow Debian users to benefit from the fix.
| Lucas Nussbaum
| email@example.com http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: firstname.lastname@example.org GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |