Re: on mass bug reassigning
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
After re-reading what I wrote last night I noticed it was probably not the
best way to express my POV, so I'd like to apologise.
* I have nothing against cleaning up/reassigning bugs, it's just that some
things have to be prevented.
* It is nothing personal, I just used a real situation which I am aware of.
I currently don't have enough time to write a script that gathers the
versions information from the origin package to use when MBR. But here is
what I believe needs to be done:
* Encourage package maintainers to keep the old changelog around (e.g.
php5's changelog include php4's changelog). So the BTS knows about old
* Write a script that gathers the versions not/affecting a given bug, and
generates the appropriate reassigning bug (in the form of "reassign nnnn
package version", or if more than one affected version: "reassign nnnn
package \n found nnnn version ...").
* Reach a concensus on whether maintainers should be contacted before MBR
(waiting a specific number of days for their reply before going ahead), or
Any other ideas?
Atomo64 - Raphael
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----