CtSim (Was: wxwindows2.4)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Barry deFreese wrote:

It's been a while. newpki-client was finally just uploaded with my wx2.6 patch (apparently after some patch fixing wrt to whitespace issues :-( )

Anyway, the last holdout is ctsim. Has anyone heard more from the ctsim maintainer?

Are we going to keep wx2.4 for just ctsim?

The package ctsim is included in the Debian-med meta packages and the
goal is to put those packages undre group maintenance.  Kevin, what
do you think about it?

For the issue itself I tried to replace wx.*2\.4 strings in configure.ac
by wx.*2\.6 strings and adjusted the build dependencies to wx.*2\.6 but
there are more things to do because I got a lot of messages like

dlgezplot.h:64: error: 'wxSize' does not name a type
dlgezplot.h:69: error: 'wxPaintEvent' has not been declared
ctsim.h:123: error: 'wxHtmlHelpController' does not name a type
ctsim.h:129: error: 'wxSizeEvent' has not been declared
ctsim.h:140: error: 'wxCommandEvent' has not been declared
ctsim.h:159: error: 'wxUpdateUIEvent' has not been declared
tsim.h:234: error: 'wxString' does not name a type
ctsim.h:255: error: 'wxFrame' has not been declared
ctsim.h:236: error: 'wxThread' has not been declared
backgroundsupr.h:43: error: 'wxTHREAD_DETACHED' was not declared in this scope
backgroundsupr.h:76: error: 'wxCriticalSection' does not name a type
backgroundsupr.h:91: error: 'wxWindow' has not been declared
threadrecon.h:72: error: 'wxThread' has not been declared
threadrecon.h:143: error: 'wxThread' has not been declared
docs.h:95: error: 'wxCriticalSection' does not name a type
docs.h:100: error: type 'wxDocument' is not a direct base of 'BackgroundProcessingDocument'
docs.h:154: error: 'wxString' does not name a type
docs.h:188: error: 'wxString' does not name a type
views.h:87: error: 'wxDC' has not been declared
views.h:88: error: 'wxView' has not been declared
views.h:88: error: 'wxObject' has not been declared
views.h:91: error: 'wxCommandEvent' has not been declared

Kevin, did you asked upstream about their progress in moving to a higher
wx version.  Is anybody with wx* experience able to provide some patches?
We would definitely like to keep ctsim but we understand that getting rid
of wx2.4 accomplished.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--