Re: RFS: alml 2005.01.01-3

Thomas Viehmann wrote:
Barry deFreese wrote:
I personally wouldn't care if it was removed, I was just trying to help
with the RC list.  I'd be happy to change the url and/or package the new
upstream too if that makes sense
or was this just more work for nothing again??
In terms of getting your fixes uploaded, no. In terms of attending to a package
that might be removed before the next release, maybe.

You could have fixed
  E: alml: duplicate-conffile /etc/texmf/texmf.d/94alml.cnf
though and you probably want to write changelog entries for updating
standards-version in a way that one can tell whether and which changes you made
in order to adapt to the standards.

But hey, I do trade an RC bug against a lintian error.

Kind regards

T.

P.S.: For the plr package, it might be nice if you could write something about
how to test it.
Thomas,

Thanks. I don't know if you got it but the upload was rejected because I made it a non-native package and it can't find the orig.tar.gz. I was thinking this morning that I'm not sure that is even viable since it is the same version. Is that allowable??

Somehow I missed the lintian error.  Was that on the .deb itself??

Thanks!!

Barry deFreese