Re: How are packages associated with resigned debian developers handled?

On Jan 10, 2008 3:37 AM, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:

> Hmm, debian-qa is not a maintainer, it's not like the QA Team maintains
> packages, it is only a go-between maintainers IMHO. I don't really get
> the part about group maintenance in this discussion...

Historically the QA team has done maintainence on orphaned packages;
fixed RC bugs, cleaned up packaging.

Matej Vela has been one of the main people doing this, but there have
been others.

It would be a shame if this were to be discontinued, perhaps we can
get the Ubuntu MOTU people to form a Debian Universe team to maintain
packages without a specific maintainer?

--
bye,
pabs