Re: How are packages associated with resigned debian developers handled?

On ke, 2008-01-09 at 12:09 +0000, tim hall wrote:
> Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > On ke, 2008-01-09 at 11:10 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >> This is my context, but my question is generic.  How are packages
> >> maintained by developers that resign handled, and how should they be
> >> handled.
> >
> > Why should they be handled differently from any other packages whose
> > maintainers are suspected of doing a bad job?
>
> Because we know (or can reasonably assume) that a resigned developer
> isn't going to continue to actively maintain any of their packages.

In the usual case that is certainly true. In the specific case of
Matthew, he wanted to give up his Debian membership, but continue
maintaining his packages. (He may not have done a stellar job recently;
on the other hand, that happens to most people from time to time, and is
not usually a reason for immediate forced orphaning.)