Re: How are packages associated with resigned debian developers handled?

[Tim Hall]
> Surely that is the correct action?

Well, I can't read it out of the Debian policy nor the developer
reference, so I have followed the documented procedure of trying to
get the previous maintainer to accept the takeover.  But I agree that
it would be the correct action, and believe it should be documented in
either of the two mentioned documents.

> Given Matthew's reasons for resigning, I think it would be
> respectful to spare him the emails and get on with putting the
> packages up for adoption.

Well, I had two options, going behind his back or sending him him
email.  Both are not good options, because of his reasons for
resigning, but I decided to not go behind his back as I judged that to
be worse than disturbing him with an email.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen