Re: rebuild result with sid/i386 as of 2006-04-16

Hi Gustavo,

On 17/04/07 at 12:38 -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Doesn't it make sense to debian-devel-announce as (sort of) 'bits from
> the QA team' ? I think that a lot of non QA freaks contributors are
> subscribed to d-d-a and not -qa and will help us with the packages.

Well, I think it depends of the goal we are pursuing with the
announcement.

If it's "look, we have a list of failures, check if your packages is
in", I don't think that's it's an efficient way to work. There are some
false positives amongst the failures, and you are much more efficient at
spotting them when reviewing 10s of logs than when just looking at one.

If it's "look, we are doing interesting things in debian-qa, please join
us and help !", then yes, it would be great to prepare a report listing
various recent activities. But that takes time :-) I think there's a
draft QA report on the wiki somewhere ...