Re: newer upstream releases

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 08:14:39PM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 09:22 -0800, Ivan Kohler wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 12:28:23PM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:
> > > Hello Ivan,
> > >
> > > It seems that there are newer upstream releases available for some of
> > > your packages in Debian.  What are your plans for these packages ?  Can
> > > I help ?
> > >
> > > watchupstream --maintre=ivan-debian|grep outdated$|wc -l
> > > 25
> >
> > Hello Bart,
> >
> > Sure, I'd be happy to have some help, thanks for asking!
>
> My pleasure.

[the snipped portion contained offers of co-maintenance or
low-threshold NMU on all of my packages]

> > then I can't think of anything else you can do to help.  :)
>
> I think that there are other things I can do to help.  We (=you and I)
> could agree on which packages need a new maintainer, and then I could
> arrange further formalities for you.

None of the packages I currently own require a new maintainer at this
time.  I can (and have) RFA and O packages myself, and don't need any
assistance with that sort of formality at this time or in the future.
Is there some other formality you are talking about?

As I said in the portion of my reply which you trimmed, anyone who has
any interest in being a maintainer of any of those packages is *more*
than welcome to start by contacting me and becoming a co-maintainer for
that package.  Low threshold NMUs are also welcome.

If there's anything else you are offering to help with, please let me
know what it is, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

--
_ivan