Re: newer upstream releases

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 12:28:23PM +0100, Bart Martens wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
>
> It seems that there are newer upstream releases available for some of
> your packages in Debian.  What are your plans for these packages ?  Can
> I help ?
>
> watchupstream --maintre=ivan-debian|grep outdated$|wc -l
> 25

Hello Bart,

Sure, I'd be happy to have some help, thanks for asking!  Is there a
specific package or packages you are interested in co-maintaining?

If you just wanted to update some packages to newer upstream versions,
but don't want to take over long-term co-maintence, please feel free to
NMU.  I'm a "Low Threhold NMU"-kinda guy and have been listed there for
ages - you or anyone else (well, any debian developer or anyone who can
get something sponsored) is welcome to make changes including new
upstream versions and upload my packages without delay.

If you're not actually interested in any of the packages in question
and aren't interested in co-maintenance or even the "temporary
co-maintenance" implied by taking responsibility for an NMU... then I
can't think of anything else you can do to help.  :)

Also BTW, please do not retitle my old WNPP ITA:s to O: without
contacting me (though you are more than welcome to take them over and
upload yourself).

--
_ivan