Re: Orphaned games

Hello,

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, tim hall wrote:
> Just an opinion on the basis of having a 12 year old son. I think it is
> fair to consider the playability and up-to-dateness of some of these ideas.

OK. However, some people are known to take games seriously even at 21
or 121 :-)

> >Package: 3dchess
> > 3 dimensional Chess game for X11R6.  There are three boards, stacked
> > vertically; 96 pieces of which most are the traditional chess pieces with
> > just a couple of additions; 26 possible directions in which to move.  The
> > AI isn't wonderful, but provides a challenging enough game to all but the
> > most highly skilled players.
>
> It's not really very 3D is it? A package with this name should be
> providing a 'proper' 3D chess experience.

A 3d version of chess that I played on a board made with plastic
pieces had a similar structure, where the "middle" board was thought
of as vertically between the other two and pieces could move in the
vertical direction as well.

Another 3d variant of chess has 7 boards.

What constitutes a "'proper' 3d chess experience"?

Having said this, I must confess that I am not volunteering to adopt
3dchess :-(

Regards,

Kapil.