Re: Can we orphan dlocate?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:18:53PM +1000, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> [cc-ing cas]
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:45:58PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> >The maintainer appears to have lost interest in the package (last upload 1999).

> >It's also his only package; he is probably MIA.  (I seem to remember him being
> >very angry about Debian's decision to apply the Social Contract and DFSG to all
> >of Debian,

you mean "re-interpret the DFSG and Social Contract in the most
bone-headed manner possible".

> >and particularly at me for advocating it, so he may have left

who?  sorry, i barely even recall seeing your (NN's) name before.

> >Debian deliberately.)
>
> I don't think Craig has left debian. :)

no, i haven't.  i've been a bit pre-occupied with health issues over the last
few years.

> >Given the various NMUs I suspect that this one would be picked up quite quickly,
> >but I'm sure nobody wants to step on the maintainer's toes....
> >
> >Given the presence of bugs as old as seven years, it clearly needs a new
> >maintainer.

i have plans for dlocate, and if all goes well with my transplant op i
should be in a position to re-package my local version in June.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Campus crusade for Cthulhu -- it found me.