Re: More conflicts data

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 11:28:13 -0000, Regis Boudin wrote:
> Still playing with the conflicts field in the archive, I have more and
> better data. First, I decided to go as far as I could in the archive, so
> my checks now cover Hamm and Bo as well, including contrib, non-free and
> non-US.

Nice!

> I still need to move the conflicts against a specific version of a package
> to its own page, but things start be look a bit clearer as I split into
> various categories.
>
> All the data is still available at http://www.imalip.info/debian/

Could you group them by maintainer/uploader?

> 30% of the conflicts declared in Sid are against packages which are not
> referenced in any release since bo. It includes conflicts against non-i386
> packages, but I don't believe there are many of these.

Yeah, those should be few, but to be on the safe side, this would have
to be run against all arches.

> I'm still not sure about what would be a good policy on removing
> conflicts, but I guess some would be obvious.
>
> Any comment or suggestion is welcome.

As we guarantee an upgrade path from only the previous release
(oldstable -> stable), and we support for some time oldstable
(security-wise), to not make backports more difficult, probably it
would make sense to remove only those that affect oldstable-1 and
oldstable once the support is terminated?

regards,
guillem