Fw: Re: Identifying RC bugs

(Please CC: me, I'm not subscribed)

Re: http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:34:21 +0100
From: Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>
To: Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Identifying RC bugs

* Neil Williams (codehelp@debian.org) [070228 12:27]:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:29:31 +0100
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>
> > Legend:[P+HMRSUD<Nb] Pending/=merged, +patch, Help, Moreinfo,
> > unReproducible, Security, Upstream/Claimed, upload in Delayed,
> > <testing removal hinted, New, only in unsta'b'le/'t'esting/"
> > "both/-not in testing/?no version tracking.
>
> I'd like to see that Legend higher up the page and the mouse-hover
> feature may be better being mentioned explicitly - it is a nice feature
> that the 'official' page does not include, no point hiding it.
>
> Personally, I always find a sans-serif font easier to read for the
> 'help' text at the top and the [FREEZE] / [FROZEN] push the package
> name to the right which makes it a little harder to scan the page, I
> think it would be better if the package name always appears above the
> set of tags in the bracket.

It would be best if you raise this topic on the debian-qa-list (feel
free to quote me) - there are several people with write access there.

> > > I did (try to) read the legend explanation but it doesn't mention T
> > > - maybe it's just compressed too much, a more verbose legend would
> > > be helpful. It isn't obvious that the final 'b' in the legend key
> > > can also be a 't' or that the 't' in question is actually going to
> > > be shown uppercase - nor is it obvious that a user should select
> > > 'both' to get the list of open RC bugs that are actually holding
> > > back Etch.
> >
> > Patches are welcome (and there are mouse hoovers as well, btw).
>
> I'd love to - just can't find the PHP source . . .
> ;-)

It is usually enough to say how the result should look like - and, btw,
people have received write access if they had good enough ideas. :)

(The code isn't secret, it is just "not packaged yet", that's all.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/