Re: dvipng

Hi Kapil, Franz,

Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Bug status:
> There are small patches for #395681, #346084, #327130.
> An NMU fixed #332702.
> A package with the current upstream release would fix #338807,
>  #330540, #346181.
the changes basically look good (thanks for your work!).
A few things I've notices
- I don't think you should put in Franz as maintainer without having
  received his explicit OK. Upload with maintainer as yourself and
  co-maintain with Franz when he gets around to it.
- There is no such thing as "New Maintainer Upload". This is confusing
  because people will wonder whether that's a typo for Non-MU or
  something else. Please close the WNPP-Bug with "New Maintainer.
  Closes:" or somesuch.
- I couldn't do autoreconf -f (with latest auto* from Debian/sid) for
  errors like AC_GS_HAS_DEVICE, AC_HAS_KPSE_ENC_FORMATS.
  I'm not sure what causes this, but I'd like to see these fixed.
- I'm a bit suspicious about the man-page symlink. Does this actually
  work or should the symlink have .gz instead?

If you can address these, I'd be willing to sponsor one upload (i.e.
I'll sponsor this and urgent fixes for stuff I sponsored, but probably
not frequent updates with 5k diffs).

Kind regards

T.
--