Re: Can binutils-h8300-hms be removed?

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Christoph Berg wrote:
> > I propose binutils-h8300-hms to be removed, for the following reasons:
> >
> > * Orphaned for two monts without any sign of interest;
>
> binutils-h8300-hms is needed for compiling binaries on brickos, so
> #387769, #387770, #387771, and #387772 should be adopted (preferably,
> I've successfully used the packages) or removed together.

h8300-coff is dead and removed upstream.  You are stuck with binutils
2.16.x, unless someone writes a new h8300-coff backend for binutils.

Someone asked about sponsoring these packages, and I offered to do it, but
when I asked about what he planeed to do with the fact that upstream removed
h8300-coff, I never heard from him again.

BTW, h8300-hms is just an outdated alias for h8300-coff. Hitachi doesn't
make H8* uCs anymore, all of them are now made by Renesas (who bought whom I
have no idea whatsoever).

h8300-elf is still alive upstream, for what is it worth.

  Henrique Holschuh