Re: help

Hi John,

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:44:08PM -0600, John Morgan wrote:

>  I am interested in volunteering some time to help out with debian. I
> don't have much expirence so to speak in programming or anything but I
> am a quick learner and have some time to give. I was a system
> administrator on a linux network a few years ago. I have a working
> knowledge of c++ and some expirence with perl a few years ago. I have
> just returned from Iraq and am injured with time to spare and I have
> always prefered debian over any other distro. I'm even willing to help
> with man pages or something. Just let me know if you have any use for
> me.

Thanks for your interest in Debian!  Yes, we can always use more help --
there is always far more QA work to be done than there are people with time
to do it. :)

Manpages are certainly an area in need of ongoing work; for a list of known
programs in Debian that are missing manpages, please see
<http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tbinary-without-manpage.html>.  For other
ideas where contribution might be welcome, there's a list of packages whose
maintainers are requesting help at
<http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/help_requested>, a miscellaneous TODO list
at <http://www.debian.org/devel/todo/>, and of course, a list of
release-critical issues for etch at
<http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/>.  I'm confident there should be
something on one of these pages to hold your interest, regardless of skill
level!

Beyond that, of course, Debian is a very self-organizing group, so you're
welcome to work on whatever you think is most appropriate -- the help is
definitely welcome, but you probably aren't going to find anybody here to
tell you what you *should* work on. :)

Cheers and welcome,