Re: simple bug on nvu not fixed?

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> May I have the qa team's attention to
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=341502
>
> filed on nvu which is like 100 days old. If the original bug reporter
> is right, the issue (I think) is as simple as changing Build-Depends
> line. Even otherwise it is as simple as giving some clarification
> about it and closing the bug.
>
> Why has not this been fixed? Is the maintainer MIA? I am CCing the
> maintainer just to check if he is MIA or not.

It's usually a good idea to check for things like recent uploads before
accusing someone of being MIA, and taking in to account that people make
simple mistakes sometimes.

In this particular case, you'd have seen that the most recent nvu upload was
a few weeks ago and did in fact drop the build dependency to which that bug
refers:

 nvu (1.0final-1) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * added mozilla-unused patch, which i hope will solve the RC bug (closes:
#306822)
   * removed libgtk1.2-dev build dep as we don't need it (closes: #351502)
   * now this is the real 1.0 version (previous version uses the
     PR tarball) (closes: #341469)
   * added makefile.in.patch which solve a compile issue with libfreetype6

The only reason the bug wasn't closed is because the bug number was typoed
in the changelog; closing it with this message.

Regards,

Adam