Re: QA activities list?

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 02:05:31AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> [2006-02-17 00:19]:
> > I'm rebuilding testing against testing to find such problems.  I
> > think other people are doing the same with unstable.
>
> Do you know whether there are any tools that make this easy?
> Obviously, I know about sbuilder & co.  However, what I'm mostly
> interested in is in a way to skip building packages that are known to
> FTBFS.  I suppose I could simply ignore packages that have RC bugs,
> but there must be a better way.
>
> I'd like to build the whole archive on MIPS to test GCC 4.1, so I'd
> like to hear about scripts that make this easy.

I use wanna-build/sbuild.  One advantage of that is that you can
use Packages-arch-specific, so you only build those for your
arch.  You could also put all those that are known to fail to
build in failed state.

You can probably base that on the wanna-build states for the
current port.  But they seem to be left in building state, but
it's probably a reasonable place to start with packages you
shouldn't try to build.

Kurt