Re: PNG crush NMU

Hi Kapil,

Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> I have submitted a new patch report to the relevant bugs with an
> alternative solution. Let us see what the maintainer thinks of the
> new patch.
Um, are you sure that there aren't any public functions in libpng to
achieve the same?
As a wild guess (really just an untested idea): Maybe a call to
png_read_update_info could replace the call (and copying) of
png_read_transform_info. That would eliminate ~ 1/3 of the patch.
I didn't look into the other things, though.
You might also consider asking on the png-mng-implement list. It looks
like the current maintainer of libpng is also the author of pngcrush, so
there might be a chance of getting some good advice there.

Kind regards

T.

P.S.: I've CCed the bug and d-qa, please delete any CCs as you see fit.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/