Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:20:18PM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:12:57PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > > I'd like to be able to inspect the state of the system when configure
> > > is running.  The buildd doesn't show me the command it is running.  Is
> > > there a way I can emulate it?
> > You could sh -x ./configure, or check the config.log output (you may
> > need to add a configure option to get the log output, I donno).

> So in other words, not without a chroot build environment.

> And it turns out that there were several problems:

>   o The autoconf in stable is still broken, but my development host
>     uses stable.

Then that's not an appropriate development environment for uploads
targetted at unstable...  Please use an unstable chroot when preparing any
uploads to unstable.

>   o The script to determine which libraries were needed missed a
>     couple: ICE and SM.

The script looks for included headers.  If headers from libice-dev and
libsm-dev aren't being included anywhere in the source, I suspect this
build-dependency exists only because the upstream sources are linking to
these libraries incorrectly.