Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:12:57PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I'd like to be able to inspect the state of the system when configure
> > is running.  The buildd doesn't show me the command it is running.  Is
> > there a way I can emulate it?
> You could sh -x ./configure, or check the config.log output (you may
> need to add a configure option to get the log output, I donno).

So in other words, not without a chroot build environment.

And it turns out that there were several problems:

  o The autoconf in stable is still broken, but my development host
    uses stable.
  o There were two configuration scripts.  I forgot to update both.
  o The script to determine which libraries were needed missed a
    couple: ICE and SM.
  o The newer autoconf changed the way that CFLAGS is created s.t. the
    configuration scripts had to be changed to use CXXFLAGS instead of
    CFLAGS.

None of this was apparent from my development machine, though I cannot
figure out why the last one didn't show up.  I used a chroot install
of unstable which made it much easier to figure out why it wasn't
working.

Cheers.