Re: NMU upload sponsor required for asciijump

Justin Pryzby wrote:

> This is common practice; read the ./debian/rules clean target.  It
> copies config.{sub,guess} from autotools directory, specifically so
> the .diff incorporates new autotools stuff into the package (since
> 'clean' is run before creating the source package).

One interesting alternative method, if your package already
Build-Depends upon autotools-dev anyway, is to copy in
config.{sub,guess} in the configure target of debian/rules (before
running ./configure), and REMOVE them in the clean target.  This has the
advantage that the changes to config.{sub,guess} don't go into the diff
-- dpkg-buildpackage ignores the deletion of those files when it creates
the diff.gz.

regards,