Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Unfortunately my first round didn't use the script (though I was aware
> of it), and so many packages say "(no replacement needed)", even
> though they have a direct build-dep on some package which used to be
> depended on by xlibs-dev.  So I'm going back through the bugs and
> adding the dependencies from the xlibs-split-check script and
> including interdiffs.

Thanks, your work is very appreciated indeed.

> The following bugs had no needed build-dep replacement (according to
> the checker script) and have nmu diffs attached:
>
>   346622 346626 346646 346773 346827 346624 346634 346760 346795
>   347096
>
> Note that some of the maintainers have already responded, so you
> should take a quick look at the bug log before building.

Sure, I am über-careful in this regard. I want the NMUs to be friendly,
non-intrussive and don't want to waste my time or the Maintainer's time.

> Junichi (dancer) had a good idea to debdiff the resulting .deb, which
> is something I didn't do (but would in the future).

I am not sure this helps me build, test, and upload an sponsored NMU.
Is there a link you can provide to a more detailed explanation of this
procedure?

Thnaks!

--
 .''`.                  sleep: command not found
: :' :