Re: xlibs-dev transition; packages with adjusted dependencies needing upload

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 07:52:50PM -0800, Marc Singer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 01:07:36AM -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > >Packages with RC bugs due to the xlibs-dev transition are listed at:
> > >  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=debian-release@lists.debian.org:transition-xlibs-dev&repeatmerged=no&tagexcl=patch#_2_2_5
> > >
> > >I've gone and figured out the updated dependences necessary for ~40 of
> > >them to build.  So any sufficiently motivated QAish person can close
> > >40 RC bugs if they are so interested.  Unfortunately, I can't upload;
> > >but it would be nice if someone else would, so my work doesn't go to
> > >waste :)  You could even pbuild lots of them at once..  Hopefully this
> > >can save someone from some trial/error and overhead with NMUing
> > >multiple packages.
> > >

> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > Can you publish your list with the new depends for these ~ 40 packages?
Each of the bugs tagged patch has a short note with the necessary
change b-d.

> > I think it would be
> > better in a wiki.d.o article pointing to RC bugs related (if any).
> > >Let me know if this is useful.
> > It's, sure. :)
>
> There is a script referenced on the page above that explains how to
> generate the new build-depends.  It's *really* easy to make this
> change.
Yea, but probably best to test it, too (:), which is what I did.  Of
course, since I can't make uplods someone has to recompile them
anyway.

--
Clear skies,
Justin