remove aleph?

The aleph package, long orphaned, is no longer maintained upstream (the
last release was three years ago).  It is exhibiting a namespace
collision; it installs /usr/bin/aleph, and TeX also wants to install
that.  As a result, there is a Conflict between TeX and aleph, but even
so, the release criteria for etch require that the rule against
namespace conflicts be enforced.

There are nearly no users of aleph according to popcon.

Moreover, upstream has morphed the language into a new thing, called
AFNIX.  There is an ITP for AFNIX out there, and the packager is using
it as a place to learn about packaging more complex packages.  There is
no rush for him to finish his work.

It seems to me that we should, therefore, simply drop aleph entirely.
If there are no objections, I'll file a request with the ftpmasters
accordingly.

Thomas