Re: Finding a Debian maintainer for libghttp (or removing it)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:52:04PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> This is the obsolete GNOME HTTP library.  It is orphaned, and
> has been since Auguest 2005.
>
> The packages in Debian which depend on it are:
>
> xmms-singit (maintainer florian@debian.org)
> [...]

Version 0.1.33-1 (as present in experimental) doesn't depend on this
library anymore, same applies for any upstream release since 0.1.30.

However, the plan is to let upstream take over maintainership in
Debian as well with me acting as co-maintainer / sponsor, which
unfortunately is progressing rather slowly. As there were quite a lot
of upstream changes I wouldn't like to push any newer releases into
unstable at this point in the Etch release process, but please expect
updates once we all get a first chance to break Lenny. :)

Cheers,
Flo