Re: dvipng: Version 1.8 package (NMU / New Maintainer)

Hello,

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> I wrote earlier on 03 Jul 2006:
> > I would like someone to sponsor an adoption/hijacking or NMU'ing
> > of a more recent version of "dvipng" than is available in the Debian
> > archive.

Please do not consider me impatient but "the doors of the repository
may soon be closed ..." :)

The current Debian version of dvipng is at 1.5 while upstream has
released 1.8 with plans to release 1.9 soon.

I am willing to adopt "dvipng" and ask for a sponsor if the package
is declared "orphaned".

I would also like to note that
	http://haydn.debian.org/~thuriaux-guest/qa/mia.html
lists the current maintainer Brian R Furry.

I am not sure about the procedure but I imagine that declaring someone
MIA and orphaning of the corresponding packages is done by the
debian-QA team and should not be done by a lay member of the public
like me :)

Hence my mail to these addresses.

With thanks and best regards,

Kapil.