Re: RM: ud -- RoQA; orphaned, no upstream, uptimed is better

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@fastmail.fm> writes:

>> On 10734 March 1977, Matej Vela wrote:
>>>   * popcon: 261 installs, 177 votes.
>
> This is actually quite a lot -- more than the level I'd use for removals,
> FYI.

IMHO, popcon is helpful, but not the determining criterion for removal.
If popcon is high, but there's no prospect of a package being adopted,
it can still be removed (cf. elm-me+, which was more popular than ud).
And if it's low, it doesn't necessarily imply the package must go (cue
recent discussion).

Cheers,

Matej