Re: [Help] Transition "Link in /usr/doc/"

Hi there, Stefan

Stefan Huehner wrote:
> i think lintian has a check for this issue. Please look into [1] if
> this is what you need.
> http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tpostinst-should-not-set-usr-doc-link.html

Great pointer.

I guess what I also really need is to find out what packages had this
"ln -s" in the postinst in the past, because if they are not handling
the link removal upon upgrade, then users will have that link there
forever, but it will go unnoticed, as no link is created, in new
instalations of the package.

As not all packages use debhelper, I also have no idea how to handle
this globally.

--
  ·''`.          Policy is your friend. Trust the Policy.
 : :' :     Love the Policy. Obey the Policy. -- Lars Wirzenius