Re: Removal of electric

On 2006-07-13T12:20+0200 Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Kai Hendry 2006-07-08 <[🔎] 20060708024906.GD5397@iki.fi>
> > My hope is that Java electric does get eventually get packaged though
> > its current buggy C version in Debian should be removed.
> Popcon reports >100 users, and the package has 0 RC/important bugs.
> Imho it should only be removed once the Java-Version is in the
> archive.

I've already opened a bug for its removal.

Currently it does block to closure of the RC bug #300421.

From the sounds of Michael Koch efforts (see #374242), GNU Electric
requires the Sun JVM. A classic "Java trap".

I'm inexperienced when it comes to these matters. If you think it is a
good idea to give this upstream unmaintained code in, then fine.

I've quickly prepared an NMU:
http://hendry.iki.fi/debian/unstable/electric_6.05-2.2_i386.changes

I've tested it too. It seems fine under lesstif2.

Could someone please sponsor it?

Best wishes,