instend to hijack sqlalchemy package

Hello,

I'm using python-sqlalchemy a lot and one of my packages (griffith) will
depend on it soon. Sqlalchemy is under heavily development (there are 6
new upstream releases since last upload on 2006-04-02).

I tried to contact Tommi Virtanen (sqlalchemy's maintainer) since first
may 2006 with no result, I have also reported a bug against sqlalchemy
with proposition to take over (#369371). As far as I can tell (I'm
not a DD), Tommi is on a vacations. His packages has 2 RC bugs and in one
of them you can find his last words (#356394)

What I intend to do:
* upload (NMU) 0.1.4-1.1 (new python policy update)
* wait for Tommi's approval and upload (another NMU) 0.2.2-0.1
* if I will get permission, adopt sqlalchemy and maintain it as a part of
  Debian Python Modules Team (I'm DPMT member)

Is it ok with you?
--
-=[     Piotr Ozarowski     ]=-
-=[ http://www.ozarowski.pl ]=-