Re: Follow-up to "52 packages it would be nice to remove"

"Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> writes:

> After a suitable period of time to collect replies (two weeks), I plan
> to write to the debian-qa mailing list.  I'll give a summary of the
> source packages listed at the first URL above for which I received
> affirmative, negative, and no responses.

Great, but before actual removing happens, there needs to be an actual
judgment about the usefulness of the package.  There is no substitute
for this; there is no suitable automated proxy which can eliminate the
need for particularized examination of the packages concerned.

Thomas