Re: amd64 uploads

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 12:42:30PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit@m4x.org> writes:

> > Moreover, looking at [1], there is a quite rather impressive list of
> > package that FTBFS since ages, that are apparently unmaintained, and
> > whose maintainer looks like to be MIA since more than a year (all
> > packages are the same version as in stable, or NMU-ed, and a lot of
> > important â?? or higher severities â?? opened bugs for more than a year,
> > not to mention the ones that are tagged 'patch').

> There is also a number of packages (418) that used to build (available
> on amd64.debian.net) but now FTBFS or Dep-Wait on something that
> FTBFS. All of those you can probably summarize under bit-rot. The
> Debian-amd64 team has now started doing some aggressive porter NMUs
> (policy allows them after 7 days so don't come screaming if we NMU
> some month old bug).

From this list, the packages amarok and grass are attached to the current
libmysqlclient ABI transition.  Please don't do sourceful porter uploads of
them until the ABI transition has completed in testing.

The rekall package is also involved in this transition, but currently fails
to build on all 64-bit architectures, so needs to be fixed for that issue
before the mysql transition can complete.