Re: Please check if these packages should be removed

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On 2006-04-03, Matej Vela <vela@debian.org> wrote:
> > Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:
> >
> >> Can someone please check if those packages should be removed from the
> >> archive:
> > [...]
> >> ieee80211
> > [...]
> >
> > ipw2100 depends on it (along with ipw2200, but the latter is
> > orphaned).  Sebastian, would you like to adopt ieee80211?
>
> All three are now included in our linux-2.6 kernel package. Unless someone
> wants to maintain bleeding edge snapshots more recent than the kernel.org
> version, there's not much use in keeping them.

Speaking as ip2k2 user, Intel takes its own sweet time to update these, only
stable versions go to the kernel...  people are likely to want the bleeding
edge ones, they're not that bleeding edge.

I will probably take over ipw2k2 and ieee80211 if nobody else does, but I
doubt I will have any time to do so in the next two weeks.

  Henrique Holschuh